1. Building trust with potential clients you’ve never met (yet) — Financial planner and blogger Michael Kitces looks at the “trust equation” and suggests practical ways advisors can build online trust as a marketing strategy.
2. A complete financial industry guide to SEO — From on-page to content to social strategy, this article touches on most everything you need to know to improve your SEO. If you don’t know what SEO means or why it’s important, maybe you should skip this one.
3. 5 ways to master social media multitasking — Everyone’s excuse for not doing what they should be doing is that they’re too busy. This post offers some key suggestions and points to some excellent tools for doing more social media with less time.
4. Why handing over social media to an intern is a bad idea — Would you send an intern to an important networking event on your behalf? So why does it make sense to hand over your online networking to a novice? It doesn’t.
5. The best alternative financial blogs — Some of the most insightful financial analysts and commentators are also bloggers. Check out this CNBC list of the most respected alternative financial blogs.
6. LinkedIn prospecting – 4 tips for financial professionals — Almost everyone in business has a LinkedIn account. But what are you supposed to do with it? This post includes 4 short videos that explain how to “prospect” on LinkedIn.
7. Two lists you should look at every morning — Lots of us start every morning with one list: what to get done. Try adding another list: what to ignore.